With all members present the Haleyville city council discussed voluntary fire protection dues to cover the cost of fire calls outside the city limits. (SEE PROPOSED ORDINANCE & VIDEO 2 min 15 sec
) The council discussed a city ordinance to ban cell phone usage by drivers in school zones (VIEW PROPOSED ORDINANCE & VIDEO 1 MIN 53 sec
) Also discussed was a public hearing for change order #2 for the Head Start/Senior Center (VIEW CHANGE ORDER
). A city wide cleanup program scheduled for September was announced. More information later.
The following items were approved:
1. Regular minutes for 08/03/09
2. July general operations bills for $333,863.38
3. Application for a grant to build a $600,000 community safe center. The planned location is between the two parking lots behind McDonald's. The bottom floor will be built into the side of the bank, with the second story at ground level to the upper lot. (SEE SAFE CENTER VIDEO 1 min 8 sec
4. Installing a street light across from 1802 34th street.
5. Changing date of Monday, September 7 council meeting to Thursday, September 10
6. Purchase of new court software at $5,000 a data transfer fee of $1,500 for a total of $6,500 to be paid from the court fund.